Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moab, UT and Arches National Park

9/2/2010: Moab, Utah
We went to Moab to escape the rain.  We saw some amazing views (arches, canyons, etc); I did some challenging and interesting mountain biking (Porcupine Ridge Trail); and we enjoyed some ferocious storms (didn't quite 'escape the rain').

The three of us at Landscape Arch

I am climbing a little bit... there was very soft sand to fall on if it happened (but it didn't!) :-)

One of the aforementioned storms... attacked our tent.
We thought two stakes would be enough... but we were sorely mistaken.  (oops)

We went back into the park to cook dinner at Delicate Arch (on the Utah license plates)
And stopped to take a picture by "Balanced Rock"

The girls were very kind to give me a ride to the trailhead of Porcupine Ridge trail.  16-18 miles with 1,000 ft elevation gain followed by 2,000 ft elevation drop.  It was... fun.  It took me a little while to realize it though.  This trail was extremely technical and strenuous.  Neat though :-)  With some awesome views.  I went over the handlebars only once :-)  On my Colorado Trail solo biking, I'll take less risks for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment